Nausea is one of the worst feelings one could have. The urging feeling of vomiting, head spinning is really intolerable. But the good news is we can sooth these feelings with natural remedies at home or doing some diet changes. Learning to control our breathing, as well as perform relaxation exercises and deep breathing can be the key to controlling nausea when they appear suddenly.
Are you looking for some natural remedies against nausea? We know that this can be a very annoying problem that can arise at any time.
Nausea is that sensation that can precede vomiting and is usually a symptom and not a disease. Among the reasons that can cause its appearance we have:
- Gastroesophageal reflux
- Stomach irritation
- A viral infection
- Poor food poisoning
- Inflammation of the liver, gallbladder, or pancreas
- Secondary effect of taking hormones (contraceptive pills, for example)
- Medications for depression, chemotherapy or anaesthesia
Although in the pharmacological market there are different options to treat them, here we present some natural remedies to relieve nausea.
The benefit of these options is they are natural and usually harmless to the body, so there will be no side effects.
Although it is not known exactly how or why it works for this specific problem, this root is highly recommended to relieve morning sickness of pregnancy.
- Ginger helps reduce the intensity and frequency of appearance.
- We recommend consuming the root powder either as an infusion, in your food or as part of your smoothies.
Aromatherapy with Peppermint or Spearmint
Another of the best natural remedies against nausea is to smell or be exposed to the aroma of one of these herbs.
It is a simple, effective and easy-to-use natural anti-nausea remedy.
- If you usually experience this problem regularly it would be wise to have some essential oil from either of these two plants.
- A good option is to make steaming with a classic infusion of any of these herbs.
Acupuncture or Acupressure
The difference between both techniques is that acupuncture uses very thin needles that are inserted at specific points and that help to mitigate the symptom.
For its part, acupressure works on the same points but exerting pressure with the fingers of the hand.
These ways of acting on the network of nerves that exist in the body can reduce the nausea of pregnancy, chemotherapy and anaesthesia after an operation.
Remember that if you opt for acupuncture you should look for an expert who always uses new needles to avoid any problems.
If nausea appears out of nowhere and if acupuncture or ginger remedies are not a possibility, chopping a lemon or grating its skin can help.
- This is one of the fastest natural remedies to get because almost anywhere you can find a lemon without problems.
- An alternative is to take with you some essential oil of lemon and to smell it in case of presenting the symptom.
Control Your Breathing
Controlling your breathing and alternating slow and deep breaths can help reduce the feeling of nausea in a few minutes. Just slowly breathe in through your nose and exhale through your mouth a couple of times.
This may be the ideal trick for those that appear caused by some unexpected factor.
Also Read: The best delicious apple pie with cream
Spices not only serve to improve the flavour of your food. Some of them are excellent natural remedies against nausea. Among the most indicated are:
Chamomile tea is one of the best herbal teas for health and it has been used to calm the anxiety feeling and settling the stomach. A tea prepared with chamomile is effective for nausea because it has the element caused phytocomplex. They also have Chamazulene and alpha-bisabolol oil which are essential for a relaxing effect. You will get many benefits from this tea apart from relieving nausea. Such as menstrual pain, insomnia and stomach cramps and other problems. One cup of this tea regularly will definitely help your stomach to be calm.
Recommendations to avoid nausea
Now that you know some natural remedies against nausea, you may also need some advice to avoid them. Take note of the following things if you usually have regular nausea:
- Avoid spicy and fatty foods. It is better to consume rice, baked potatoes, bananas and apple.
- Also, try to find cooking methods that do not include extra fat.
- Add protein to your diet or make sure you are consuming the correct amounts.
- Avoid large meals. It is better to eat small portions and more often.
- Do not go to bed immediately after eating. If you have eaten too much, it could increase the discomfort and cause reflux.
- Avoid strong smells like perfumes and certain foods. Identify what the triggering aromas are and avoid them whenever possible.
- Practice relaxing exercises, such as yoga.
- Try to eat slowly.
- Avoid taking coffee and caffeine in general.
Prepare to fight nausea
Now that you know what foods or spices will help you combat this problem, it would be good to have some of them nearby.
In the event that nausea arises from a particular treatment or situation, it is a good idea to always carry some of the mentioned oils.
It would also be good to identify if any particular situation or food generates this discomfort. If so, try to eliminate it or replace it. If you get allergies with any of these foods or herbs, consulting a doctor will be the best.
In the case of fast food, it would be best to do without it altogether. As for juices and healthy foods, try to change them or modify them in some way.
Undoubtedly, nausea is very unpleasant, but with these natural remedies, you can easily forget about them.