As the winter comes coursing through summer, many people start to wrap themselves up in their blankets to save themselves from the cold weather. But in case of some people, it is the perfect opportunity to get their blades out and have the best adventure of their life.
The winter activity has been around the world since mid-20 century, and since then the verity of this sport has spread quite a far. Such as…
List of winter sports –
- Ice skating
- Dog Sledding
- Ice Fishing
- Snow Sculpture Competition
- Team sports
- Other sports
- Recreational sports
These sports are so much famous and thrilling that some of them are included as Olympic sports. Like Figure skating, Ice Skating, Alpine skiing, Freestyle Skiing and much more. But to play all these winter sports you are gonna need only one important thing and that is the perfect place.
That is why here we have the best places for you to travel to play your favourite winter sport… Check out the list here.
10. Dolomites, Italy – People who enjoy active holidays and winter sports, Alpe di Siusi/Seiser Alm holiday area in the Dolomites with 12 different resorts and 450 lifts is perfect for them. And also enough to make our top 10 list of winter sports places. This place is especially going to be good for the love of Skiing. This place is the perfect blend of amazing winter sports place and mouth-watering food and enough to make me visit here at least once a year.
Find More: A Little Tel Aviv in the Hills – Dream Travel
9. Asahi Dake, Japan – Asahidake could be considered Japan skiing at its best!!! With its perfect powder hounds, this place’s resorts which are in Hokkaido Japan is a heaven for skiers. This place has the fluffiest snow in the world and it is always snowing in here with an average of about 14 metres of snow per season. Mount Ashahi has the tallest mountain at 2,290 meters, also is a place for a live volcano which is a bonus excitement for the people visiting here.
8. Wanaka, New Zealand – New Zealand’s best ski resort Wanaka, is the ultimate snow adventure. This is truly a winter paradise with a great view and nice verity of snow sports, snowboarding and other winter activities. Cardrona and Treble Cone resorts provide almost 900 hectares of terrain with the amazing quality of snow. The experience here will be unforgettable.
7. Mont-Tremblant, Quebec, Canada – Mont-Tremblant is famously known for the Mont-Tremblant Ski resort. The mountain is fantastic and has great trails for all skill levels. This place is also good for Dog-sledding, Snowmobiling, Snow-shoeing trails.
See Also: Pedaling Miles Daily to Sread Awareness Against Cancer
6. Megeve, France – As we all know, France is the best place for the romantic quest. But in Megeve, you will enjoy a different side of France. With the sports of Snowshoe Hikes, Ice climbing, Huskey Dog-Sled Tours your experience here will be the best from anywhere else. Experience the unique thrill of climbing up frozen waterfalls and sheer walls of ice using the latest equipment, this place is also known for the best Restaurants and resorts to stay. And that is why it perfect for me.
5. Moscow, Russia – While, it is damn freezing in here you can still have loads of fun in this coldest place. Snowkiting, which is, the winter version of kiteboarding is very popular here in Russia. Russia’s annual snow kiting championship is held near the city of, in the Kuibyshev reservoir. It is the biggest artificial lake on the Volga River. Also, there are three specialities of Dog-sledding here with the West Siberian laikas, huskies and malamutes. So, what are you waiting for? Start packing.
Related: Best Cities to Travel in 2017
4. Jammu and Kashmir, India – We’re at more than 10,000 feet of elevation in here, so the skiing is ought to be good. This place is not only good for skiing but this place is the most beautiful place on earth with the virtue of the Himalayas. I love skiing and want to have the best adventure, so Kashmir is my ultimate destination.
3. Whistler-Blackcomb, Canada – This place is the ultimate destination for the whole family. This is for the people who love to spend time with their loved one and even there toddlers. Whistler-Blackcomb has designated “Go Slow” and “Family” zones and also kid centres. Kids can learn her how to snowboarding in the fully licensed childcare programmes for kids. Wide-open terrain, endless untracked powder and zero lift lines; heli-skiing in Whistler is the ultimate ski & snowboard experience.
Read More: ANDAMAN – How You Should Spend A Holiday!
2. Aspen, United States – Aspen is the worldwide known resort for being the playground for models and moguls, celebrities and socialites. Aspen Mountain, Aspen Highlands, Buttermilk and Snowmass, these are the four mountains to choose to explore. It is also the famous black-diamond terrain. For an out-of-bounds experience, Aspen has the adventure of a lifetime.
1. St. Moritz, Switzerland – Engadin St. Moritz, the largest winter sports region in Switzerland, is at the top on our list. There is no place like Switzerland in the fact of enjoying snow sports. This is the heaven for the people who winter sports, and this place is known to give goose-bumps. With the snow-covered mountains to soar the height of over 4,000 meters, this place is the topmost places to have an awesome skiing experience. Also, the view is nice to look at. Today, Engadin St. Moritz remains a dream destination for fans of snow and ice sports players.
Here you have the ultimate list of the best places around the world for you to enjoy your favourite kind of winter sports. Make sure to have fun while travelling in these little pieces of heaven.