Blackberry peach pie is a classic lattice topped homemade pie busted with fruity and juicy flavour. You can serve it with vanilla ice cream to enjoy its unbeatable taste.
Yield: one pie
Preparation time: 3 hours
- 2 and a half cup all-purpose flour, some extra for rolling.
- 2 tablespoon granulated sugar.
- ½ tablespoon salt.
- 10 tablespoon chilled unsalted butter, cut into ½ inches cube.
- ½ inch chilled solid vegetable shortening, cut into pieces.
- 7 to 10 tablespoon ice water or more according to requirement.
Ingredients for Filling
- 3 pounds Mixed yellow and white peaches, peeled and sliced about in ½ inch thick pieces.
- 1/3 to ½ cup brown sugar.
- 1/3 to ½ cup grated sugar.
- One and a half tablespoon ground cinnamon.
- 1 and ¼ tablespoon ground ginger.
- ½ tablespoon fresh nutmeg.
- 2 tablespoon peach eau de vie.
- ¼ cup cornstarch
- 1 cup fresh blackberries
- 2 tablespoon cassis.
- 2 tablespoon heavy cream
- 2 to 3 tablespoon heavy cream
- 2 to 3 tablespoon turbinado sugar
Direction for filling
- Add flour sugar salt in a bowl in a food processor and pulse for few times so that all combine well.
- Scatter butter and shortening over the top of the flour mixture and pulse until the mixture resembles coarse meal.
- Add water until the dough comes together.
- Remove the dough from the food processor and lightly knead on a flat surface until it comes together.
- Form into a disk and wrap it in plastic wrapping and place it in the refrigerator for at least 1 hour.
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
Method of filling and baking
- Combine peaches sugar cinnamon ginger nutmeg peach eau de vie and cornstarch in a large bowl and mix it well.
- Toss the blackberries with cassis and let it aside for 10 minutes.
- Use a slotted spoon to spoon the berries into peaches and toss it.
- Divide the dough into half portion and roll each half out into a lightly flavoured surface to 13 14 inches round.
- Transfer one of the rounds on the bottom of a 9-inch deep-dish pie plate.
- Spoon the fruit into the crust using a slotted spoon
- Add some juices accumulated in the bowl and scatter the butter over the top.
- Roll up all the remaining dough on the rolling pin and unroll atop peach mixture.
- Trim edges of both crusts to ¾ inches overhang and fold the edges over the press to seal it, cut 6 slits on the top crust to allow steam to escape.
- Brush pie top with cream and sprinkle turbinado sugar over it.
- Place the pie on baking sheet and bake it until the crust is golden and juices bubble out thickly through slits
- Cool the pie for 3 hours
- Cut it into small pieces and enjoy the fruity taste.
Amount per serving
|Total fat||6 g|
|Polyunsaturated fat||4.2 g|
|Monounsaturated fat||5.2 g|
|Total carbohydrates||90 g|