Who wouldn’t like to eat and still look great? But it is the hardest things to do. Some people can literally eat whatever they want and still fit into the smallest sizes of clothes. And people like me can’t even drink coffee without the fear of the calorie count of it.
But don’t worry, I finally have some awesome tasty recipes, which are not only mouth-watering but also helps you to be fit. The ingredients are easily found in any grocery stores and the recipe takes little time to cook.
11 of the best food to fight fat
1. Almond Butter & Banana Toast –
After your jogging or practising yoga in the morning, you are in need of a fuller and healthy breakfast. That is why this recipe is my favourite one, simple yet magnificent to taste.
- Slice of 100% whole wheat bread
- 1 TBSP almond butter
- 1/2 banana sliced
Take out your toaster and place the bread in it. After the bread is done, spread some almond butter on top and then add thin slices of bananas over the toast. And it is ready for you. You can also add honey or some maple syrup over it to add a little extra goodness.
2. Semi-Homemade Soup with Asparagus –
Asparagus is already beneficial on its own. And this easy soup recipe is going to make you healthier.
- 4 oz boneless, skinless chicken breast
- 1 cup Amy’s Organic Chunky Vegetable soup
- 2 Tbsp dry quinoa
- 1 cup chopped kale
- 10 small asparagus spears
- 2 tsp soy sauce
- 1/8 tsp grated fresh ginger
Bake the chicken pieces at 350°F for 25 minutes then shred them with a fork. Afterwards, combine quinoa, kale and soup in a saucepan then boil it for some time. Simmer the flame when the quinoa is done then add the chicken to it, it will take 15 minutes approx. Steam asparagus, add soy sauce and ginger. Then serve soup in a bowl with asparagus on the side.
3. Curried Egg Salad Sandwich –
Spices have always been a good friend during weight-loss phase because they boost metabolism rapidly. Adding eggs makes it extra helpful too.
- 2 hard-cooked eggs, chopped
- 2 tablespoons plain Greek-style low-fat yoghurt
- 2 tablespoons chopped red bell pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon curry powder
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 2 slices rye bread
- 1/2 cup fresh spinach
Toast the rye bread first and keep them on a plate. Add chopped eggs, yoghurt, bell pepper, curry powder, salt, and pepper in a bowl and give them a good mix. Place spinach on the bread along with the egg salad and spared them. You can cut the sandwich into two pieces if you want.
4. Baked Chicken With Mushrooms & Sweet Potatoes –
Chicken is the master food for weight loss, it is the lean meat. So, chicken is a must-have ingredient for your weight-loss journey.
- 1/2 skinless chicken breast
- 1 cup baby portobello mushrooms, sliced
- 1 Tbsp chives
- 1 Tbsp olive oil
- 1 medium sweet potato
Bake the chicken breast in a 350°F oven. Add mushrooms, chives, and oil with chicken for 15 minutes. Microwave sweet potato for five to seven minutes. Then take out the chicken and place it on your plate, slice sweet potatoes and add them on the side.
5. Grilled Chicken & Summer Succotash Recipe –
You can burn up to 300 calories per day just by eating the right food. Put these two ingredients together see the rapid change in your body.
- 4 (6-ounce) boneless skinless chicken breasts
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh rosemary
- 2 tablespoons flat-leaf parsley, divided
- 2 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 1 cup lima beans
- 1 medium yellow squash, diced
- 2 cups corn kernels
- 1 cup grape tomatoes, halved
- Juice of 1 lime
Season chicken breast with salt and pepper, rosemary, garlic and a half the parsley. Then toss it on the grill and give it time to cook on both sides. In a skillet over high heat add lima beans, squash and corn, season them with salt and cook for 2-3 minutes or until the squash gets soft. Add tomatoes and stir for next 2 minutes. Before placing on the plate add some lime juice and the other half parsley. Serve each chicken with 1 cup of succotash.
6. Light Lasagna –
Who doesn’t love pasta? I personally can live only by eating this exotic dish from Italy.
- 1/2 cup whole-wheat spaghetti
- 1/4 cup ricotta
- 1/3 cup prepared tomato sauce
- 1/2 tsp crushed red chilli flakes
- 1 Coleman Natural Mild Italian Chicken Sausage link, cooked
- 2 cups spinach
In a saucepan cook the whole-wheat spaghetti and rinse off the water. Then in a small bowl lightly skim ricotta cheese and place it aside. Then in another bowl add pre-cooked pasta, sauce, chilli flacks together. On top crumble the sausage with some spinach. Then place a plate and pour the pasta mix on it and top it off with the skim cheese.
7. Avocado Whip –
Avocado is known for speeding up metabolic rate also it tastes yummy. So, this dish is a must-have on your list.
- 2 avocados, pitted and peeled
- 1/4 cup fresh lime juice (2-3 limes)
- 1 tablespoon tahini
- 1/4 cup chopped onion
- 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/4 teaspoon fresh pepper
Just mix all in a food processor and process until they become a smooth paste, it will take about 30 seconds. Put it on a dish and garnish with black pepper. You can use this as a dip for veggies or as a spared on sandwiches.
8. Pork with Roasted Vegetables –
Now, this is the dish for pork lovers. Just make it within minutes and sit back and enjoy.
- 2 pork tenderloins (each about 3/4 pound)
- 1 pound baby-cut carrots
- 2 pounds new potatoes (16 to 20), cut in half
- 1 medium onion, cut into wedges
- 6 whole cloves garlic
- 1 tablespoon olive or canola oil
- 2 teaspoons dried rosemary leaves, crumbled
- 1 teaspoon dried sage leaves, crumbled
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon pepper
In a 450° temperature, heat your oven then spray cooking oil in a shallow roasting pan. Place the pork in pan and insert a meat thermometer in the thickest part of pork. Put carrots, potatoes, onion and garlic around the pork. Spread some oil, rosemary, sage, salt and pepper.
Bake until the thermometer reads 155° or bake for 20 or 30 minutes uncovered, before removing pork from pan. Give the vegetables a good mix and bake them again for 5 to 10 minutes. Cover pork until the thermometer reads 160°. Cut thin slices and serve with the spice vegetables on the side.
9. Shrimp & Broccoli Pasta Salad –
A seafood salad to munch on the evening or anytime you are feeling to taste something different.
- 2 cups uncooked bow tie pasta
- 1/4 cup chopped onion
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tablespoon butter or stick margarine
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 cups fresh broccoli florets
- 1/4 teaspoons salt
- 8 ounces uncooked medium shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
Take any kind of pasta you want but penne pasta would be better for this. Boil the pasta until become soft then rinse it and put it aside. In a large pan pour some oil or butter and sauté onion and garlic then add broccoli and some salt to it. Stir over a medium heat for 8 minutes; add shrimp then sauté for another 2-3 minutes. When you see the broccoli and shrimp are tender toss the pasta over it and mix well. Put all on a plate and sprinkle Parmesan cheese over it.
10. Banana Nut Oatmeal –
These two combinations is enough to make you fit alone. Make oatmeal your partner with exercise and you won’t have to worry about gaining weight again.
- 1/2 cup rolled oats
- 1 cup water
- 1 banana, sliced
- 1 tablespoon chopped walnuts
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
Put oatmeal in a microwave-safe bowl and add water then microwave at high heat for 3 minutes. Take the bowl out and top banana slices, chopped walnuts and sprinkle some cinnamon then enjoy.
11. Beef and Butternut Squash Stir-fry –
We got chicken, we got shrimp and pork too, so now it is time for beef lovers.
- Eye fillet steak: 2 x 120g (females) OR 2 x 220g (males), thinly sliced
- 1 Tablespoon salt reduced soy sauce
- 1 Tablespoon fish sauce
- 1 Teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 Teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 2 Tablespoons Tony Ferguson Sweetener
- 2 Garlic cloves, crushed
- ½ -1 Long red chilli, seeded and finely chopped (optional)
- 2 Teaspoons minced fresh ginger or ginger paste
- 1 Medium onion, halved and sliced
- 1 Cup butternut squash, peeled and thinly sliced
- 1 Cup Bok choy, chunkily chopped
- 4 Tablespoons fresh basil, finely chopped
In a small bowl take soya sauce, fish sauce, all the spices, sweetener, ginger, garlic and chilli and mix well. Put it aside. Take a wok and heat some oil in it on medium to high heat. Add the butternut squash slices and stir-fry until for 2-3 minutes. Then lower the heat, cover the wok and let it cook for 3-4 minutes until the squash pieces are tender.
Add steak slices and add the sauce mix, bok choy and basil. Cook for next 3-2 minutes then take it off the heat. Serve it hot.