Cell Phone and child development
In recent years, there have been countless discussions and investigations on the harmful effects of mobile phones. The way kids have adopted the technology; it is becoming mandatory to examine the repercussions of overusing mobile phones with parental control software for android. Most reports suggest-kids are more vulnerable to cell phones than adults.
The effects of cell phones on kids appear gradually. In the beginning, one can neglect the health detriments to cell phones, but gradually, kids start showing a few symptoms, which are enough to make you panic.
The radio frequency electromagnetic radiation emitted from cell phones is dangerous for kids. Unfortunately, Kids are surrounded by technology for a large chunk of their day which has made them easy targets for electromagnetic radiations.
Overuse of cell phones is risky. As a result, children have developed strange and undesirable health problems which can be challenging to tackle.
How do cell phones emit radiation?
Cell phones are known to emit radio frequency radiations which is a form of non-ionizing radiation which when absorbed by the body parts can cause various health complications. These radiations are not as harmful as the ionizing radiations like X-rays but harmful enough to be the reason for health issues like a tumor, infertility, insomnia, etc.
Considering the fact that kids’ brain is thin and delicate and still under development, they are more exposed to electromagnetic radiations than adults.
Harmful effects of Mobile Phones Radiation
Long term exposure to a mobile phone is responsible for the child’s poor development.
Mobile phones pose a significant risk in the healthy growth of your kid. Cell phones obstruct both psychological and physical health of children. Doctors and experts have listed down some common issue’s kids may face due to continuous exposure to mobile phones.
Physical Health issues
- Poor memory
- Sleep problems
- Postural issues
- Chances of cancer
- Reduced concentration levels
- Violent and aggressive behavior
- Abnormal and unrealistic demands
- Depression and anxiety
- Social awkwardness
Two areas where cell phones have displayed the most significant impact – academics and relationships.
Attraction towards smartphone activities narrows down the time for academics. Lately, usage of technology as part of academics has been more of a problem than reward.
Relationships have been hit harder! Although parents are equally guilty of prioritizing cell phones over human beings, kids have completely lost control. Unfortunately, kids have more Facebook friends than real ones. It is easier for kids to chat and text online than spend family time on the dinner table.
In spite of the known facts, kids have been continuously indulging in cell phones, and parents have been gifting these gadgets on their birthdays. Strange!
How to avoid radiation from cell phones?
Doctors and experts have been yelling the same instruction again and again yet many parents have ignored the precautions and consequently the cases of health problems have shot up.
Let us remind you once again the steps you need to execute to safeguard your kids from the harmful radiations of cell phones:
- After buying an expensive smartphone, purchasing an ear accessory doesn’t seem like a huge investment. Purchase a hands-free kit for your kid, and keep the phone away from the body while calling.
- Encourage your kids to make short calls or speak on the loudspeaker. The phone should be held an inch away from the ear/head.
- DO NOT keep the cell phone in your pant or shirt pocket, sock or anybody touching cloth. The phone should always be carried at a distance from the body.
- Avoid calling in elevators, trains, cars, etc. power level of cell phones shoot up within closed metal bodies to get a signal.
- Let the fingers exercise more than your mouth. Talk less, text more to avoid contact with the cell phone.
- If you observe the network bar is low, avoid making calls. The power level escalates drastically to connect to a new antenna.
What is the best parental control app for Android phone?
There are ample of parental control apps in the market, each app providing a unique quality to curb the excessive use of mobile phones. It gets difficult to make the right choice for the right parental control app.
So, how do you make sure which is the best parental control app for Android?
Here are some evaluation criteria’s that can guide you to the right parental control app:
- Check if the app provides an efficient screen time controller to restrict your kid’s phone viewing at specific hours in the day.
- Check if the app has an app blocker to shut down the addictive apps completely.
- Although parental control launcher is optional, it a good to have functionality as it encourages restricted mobile application usage.
- Check for a solution to stop the installation of new apps. If your parental control app offers app install blocker, then you are lucky!
The capabilities mentioned above are more than enough to reduce your kids’ addiction and consequently their excessive phone usage.
Most parents are experimenting with parental control apps for their kid’s holistic security, which includes both virtual and real protection. It is a wise move to install the best parental control app for Android and leave your kid’s digital protection to the best parental control app for Android phone.
You Like to read this: